Shawn Fagan and his family have lived in Horsham Township since 2014. They have two children in the Hatboro-Horsham School District – a 4th grader (Simmons) and 7th grader (Keith Valley). Shawn is proud to call himself a first-generation college graduate having completed his:
- Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation & Human Services from Penn State
- Master of Sport Administration from Belmont University
- Master of Business Administration from Saint Leo University
- Doctor of Education from Temple University
In addition to his education and professional background, Shawn has worked in a team environment for his entire life as a scholarship athlete at Penn State, a professional athlete in the Toronto Blue Jays’ baseball organization, and a senior leader at Temple University serving on numerous committees across the institution.
Shawn is excited for the opportunity to run for Hatboro-Horsham School Board Director because he is passionate about education and ensuring that our entire school district (students, teachers, staff, and community) reaches its full potential. His educational, professional, and leadership background position Shawn to serve as an effective member of our School Board and have equipped him with the necessary skills to contribute to our district’s quest in providing every student with the opportunity to grow, achieve, and reach their educational goals.
- Worked in Higher Education for nearly two decades across three institutions (Penn State University, Vanderbilt University, and Temple University).
- Currently serving as an Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Affairs, adjunct instructor, and educational researcher in the College of Engineering at Temple University.
- Member of Temple University’s Strategic Planning Steering Committee.
- Experience in strategic planning, administration, academic support and student success, academic and co-curricular program development, program assessment and accreditation.