Jen Wilson is currently the president of the Hatboro-Horsham School Board and is running for re-election to continue making progress for our students. When Jen first ran for school board in 2017, it was because she felt that she could make a difference in our school district. In the 4 years that she has served on the board since, she has:
- Settled a 4 year contract with the teachers which will bring them closer to the average salary in Montgomery County
- Continued work on equity across the district
- Started and finished the Crooked Billet building project on time & under budget despite the Covid-19 hurdles
- Continued to pass fiscally responsible budgets including a 5 yr low tax raise in 2020 & lowest overall increase in expenditure in 10 years
- Hired a new, highly qualified Superintendent who will help propel our district forward
- Updated policy to allow for the recording and broadcasting of board meeting
- Created policies for Social Media use, Crowdfunding use, & Employment of Family Members
Over the next 4 years, she will continue to work to remove barriers so that everyone in the Hatboro-Horsham schools can achieve their own personal success.
Jen holds a BS in Biology from West Chester University and has over 17 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. She has lived in Horsham since 2011 with her husband, her two daughters, and a dog named Pickles.